Saturday 19 July 2008

Mercy Johnson, Nollywood Actress


Mercy Johnson joined Nollywood not too long ago and like a meteorite, she shot up, even higher than those before her. But within the short period of time, she has recorded more scandals than those who were there before now. Could all the stuff they say about her be true? She gives ‘NONYE IWUAGWU the answers in this interview.You seem the rave of the moment; you are virtually in every movie. What’s magic?I am not in every movie o. But I am trying. I tell you, it is just hard work, and there is nothing more to it. I don’t know anybody; I am just on my own. It is only God that I have. It is awesome. I don’t even believe it myself. I can only say it is a favour from God.So the long months of countless auditions have paid off now…Yes o. I tell you, I attended countless auditions. I didn’t understand what was happening anymore. I woke up early in the morning and I was at the national theatre going through many auditions. That is why I tell you my success now is basically hard work. I was dedicated. I knew what I wanted and I had to go for it. I was all out for it.When did the big break come?I tell you, it came with the first movie I featured in. The Maid by Kenneth Nnebue, was a hit and I played the lead role.So you never played any waka pass role…I did not. You can check my profile.

No comments: